Tuesday 24 January 2012

Let’s Begin On A Lighter Note


Today I would like to talk about eyebrows.


I have a slight obsession with them. They can make or break a face, frame or fracture it. It may seem insignificant to you but without even realising it, eyebrows can instantly make you distrust someone.



Anyway, I have been striving for the perfect brow for quite some time (at the moment I would just be happy if they were the same shape!) and maybe I will achieve it in my thirties (as my twenties aren’t looking hopeful). In this era, eyebrows are slated if not perfectly groomed and I am almost positive this is the reason my interest grew in to an insane obsession.

Dita Von Teese
Gwen Stefani
But, I have been flicking through some pictures of yesteryear starlets and although at first glance, they look polished to perfection, upon closer inspection their eyebrows are not the same shape (as each other) either!
Marilyn Monroe 
Rita Hayworth
Although this made me feel slightly better about my misshapen eye fur, my obsession will not die so easily.

I do loathe myself for judging people on their eyebrows (as I hate to be judged by mine) but I can’t help myself making a snap judgement. I expect I should include a picture of my own for scrutiny...



1 comment:

  1. I totally understand the whole eyebrow thing. It can make or break your look!

    ReplyDelete